Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer days

Daylilies
Crazy may days are over, busy hot July days have passed. Now comes one of my favorite Months: August
It's still able too be way too Hot! but has a hint of fall in the cool nights.
The shop has had a lull ,and I have been put to work painting signs. Honestly it's really fun and doesn't even feel like work!
It fills up the long quiet hours that we know with mixed emotions will come to an end someday.Heres some things that enrich my August this year. I'd love to hear about yours.


swimming
We seem to go swimming the most in August . We have the time and we know the weather could turn any day. I love the feel of the cold Lake water as I plunge into the shock and float up slowly to the surface.

My first time to the marcus Fair
An Ice cream cone served out of an old cute white truck.( That is a great memory even if the picture is blurry.)
The tractor Pull, the Photo booth, signing up for every drawing, watching people, Robins first Funnel Cake.

puffy clouds

Creativity
I haven't forgotten Africa I don't want to.
I made this painting on the spur of the moment. I enjoyed painting with my fingers ,and remembering the feeling of being in the sun at the care point watching the day go slowly by , looking into the faces of the women who worked hard at doing the same thing everyday . Seeing their laughter and sparkle.

Pie
What can I say about pie. Pie is just a good thing everyone should make a pie . this one is beautiful in it's imperfection.
Peaches ,blueberries and apple with cinnamon and brown sugar a buttery crust .....mmm.
As soon as you can you should make a pie.

New pillow covers
Not necessary for a great August, but very fun and easy .
This is fabric I got at the market in swazi. Makes it extra special even though it doesn't go with the couch. beautiful in its bold crazy unmatchiness.



Tomato Sauce

smells up the whole kitchen with sweet, rich, warm aroma.

Pickled beets and cucumbers
Now is the time to try and save all that Garden abundance
I made pickled beets for the first time also a type of pickle relish . I'm always up for something new ,but find it hard to do the same recipe twice to perfect it! We shall see how these taste.

Camping
Smoke, and Smores, cheesy jokes and stories . You just can't beat a good campfire ( though the ground seems to get harder and harder to sleep on every year!).
Enjoy your August everyone! Whats your favorite part about the month?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: