Saturday, February 23, 2013

Making cookies

Last lazy sunday afternoon we all wanted cookies, so in our sunday best and cute vintage aprons my niece and I got busy. 
 She didn't want me to put the chocolate chips into the cookies and cried as she saw them mixing into the dough "just wait til you eat them in the dough, don't worry you will get a taste" I soothed as the mixer spun on and we popped the inevitable spare chocolate chips into our mouths.

" dookties?" she repeated as we put the sweet chocolate flecked mounds on the cookie sheet.
 When the timer finally went off she raced into to kitchen yelling "Faye!! Dookties!!" I placed a little cookie onto a plate and warned her that is was hot as I mimicked blowing. She raced to get to her stool and started to eat the warm cookie the melted chocolate smudged on her face and hands.
"yum...is it good?" I asked. I got a mumbled answer as my little helper munched away on her sunday dooktie.

No comments: