Tuesday, December 24, 2013

new job.

 So I started full time work at bogenreif stained glass studios in June...it has been interesting and fun and monotonous, but the final products are beautiful! This is just an idea I sketched out for a waterfall window.
 This is the my very first design that was actually turned into a window. It was fairly simple for this studio, but exciting to see my pencil design come to life!
 This window wasn't very big, but oh the little pieces it had! I got to practice my foiling skills as each piece needs to be lined in a copper tape so that the soder will stick the window together.

 Here's a close up of my workstation for the week.
 This is a piece of glass that actually came from the tiffany studios. it had actual waves in it and we used it to make the folds of a ladies dress.
 The giant 17'' dome is finally coming together...amazing! the bottom two pictures are of a redraw I did out of a clients drawing. I just had to make it possible to make out of glass.
The top drawing is mine and the bottom is the original.



No comments: