Monday, February 21, 2011

All things come to an end

As I write this I am staying home for the 3rd day because of the flu. I am very determined to do something somewhat productive.
What am I saying? I have been very productive look at those matching pair of mittens ( and the sunshine coming to tell us winter will not go on forever!). Only me and my thumbs will know (oh and now all who read this) that one mitten"s thumb is shorter than the other.

And look at that hat and cowl (opposed to a cat and a howl (: ), yep I finished those too! now I don't feel so bad for three days of laying on the couch and watching Dr. who and pysche episodes.
And this rose is almost finished blooming ,but isn't it beautiful! No fake flower ever looked so good, that's why fresh flowers are so special : they die.. plain and simple if they lasted forever they wouldn't be as special.
I know theres something very profund and wise in this somewhere,but I'm going to let you figure it out on your own.

And wonders beyond wonders all the snow has melted.... it almost seems too soon. like it should hang on til the very end. The ground looks so bear , but hopeful that the green will return.
this sickness will end.
the winter will end.
everything will end in the world.
but God will always remain. beautiful and unchanging.
That's what I'm going to try to keep my mind on today .
as I slowly make my way back to the couch.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Faye, I love the pictures you put on this post!! The one of your house is BEAUTIFUL! And those are some really cute ones of you:)