Monday, January 28, 2013

Prairie Queen

Okay so I know this is probably past due but a few introductions are in order: New job meet my blog, Blog meet my new job.
I have been working at the Prairie Queen bakery since November, but I am finally feeling moderately comfortable there.( I like the name, though most people smirk when I tell them where I work;
I think it kinda rolls of the tongue don't you?) I like this job because it feels very flexible . I don't have to feel guilty taking a weekend off because my job isn't very specialized and three other girls could easily take my place. I feel like I could leave if I needed to ,but for now it gives me needed income.

The turnover (I prefer the apple ones :) oh wait... wrong kind of turnover) here is high ,so I am always meeting new coworkers which has it's blessings and trials.
It's fun to get to know the customers and their likes and dislikes; one pancake/no butter lots of syrup, a diet coke, one cinnamon roll warmed up with butter and a fork and knife, Hot tea extra hot. Everybody has their little quirks and soft spots. The saying is true here " you learn something new everyday".
My future is always going to be uncertain, so I am trying and praying so hard to live in the present to enjoy what I have instead of yearning for something else. This job has given me the opportunity to trust and to be vulnerable and to be overwhelmed and nervous and just do something even though I am scared down to my boots. I think no matter what type of job you start the beginning is always hard . Being that person that knows so little who is striving to learn fast and be useful I have such compassion for all the new employees. So.... if you're ever in the area you should stop by! I love seeing a familiar face; fill up a mug with fresh coffee and sit and enjoy a great apple fritter on me. You will get a royal welcome at the Prairie Queen bakery and restaurant. ( at least from me :)

No comments: